Used as a primary school until 1920, this attractive brick schoolhouse is now home to the Greenland Veterans Association. West Schools A number of schoolhouses stood in the western side of Greenland, the earliest dating from 1764. It was sold and moved in 1853. A second western schoolhouse was built in 1848, and was used until 1903. It burned down around 1930.